July ...
I've been digging up older songs and putting them into my repertoire to play when busking or up at Banshees. I've continued to go busking once a week and am always encouraged by those that sit down to listen, clap, cheer etc.
I was driving home from visiting family early in the month when I was offered a gig in Ipswich for the IPSARI event: “The Rusty Underground” - where several speakers responded to the question: What makes great art?
It was a fantastic night. I played original songs and did some guitar improvistions. There were great comments from lots of artists. I was feeling good and buzzing afterwards.
IPSARI was founded in 2023 with the goal of advocating for and strengthening the arts in Ipswich. The members are all practicing artists, many of whom have exhibited extensively in local and regional galleries, and facilitated workshops and events that engage and inspire the wider community.
Who knows what August will bring. One step at a time ...

Comments
Post a Comment