Happy New Year!


This time last year I had no intention of releasing any songs. I changed my mind in March and by the end of December I'd released a total of 18 songs. 

Two of those were short-listed in the Australian Songwriting Competition and "Breathe, Miss Sunshine" has now progressed further to the Top-30 stage.  

"Breathe, Miss Sunshine" was played on The Casey Beat on 10 October - which was very exciting, as it was the first time one of my songs received air time!  David has since gone on to play another 11 of my songs each Saturday night since early October (bar one).  How good is that?!  12 songs played on the radio (some more than once) of the 18 released during 2020!  I'm stoked!

I'm not sure of my goals for 2021 but I have scheduled three songs for January release.  

The Casey Beat played "Mona" again tonight and David plans to preview my three January songs just prior to their release dates. Listen out for "Childhood Songs", "The Key Was on the Hook" and "Grandma's Chest of Drawers".

The four most recent Casey Beat shows are available on demand at this link.  As at 2 January, Nik Hamby songs featured on all of those (with two being played on 12 December)!

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July wrap-up!

Open sessions ...

Songwriters Showcase ...