Songwriters Showcase ...

Just got back from Toowoomba after a lovely weekend centred around the Songwriters Showcase, which was held at the Cafe Guitar on Saturday afternoon.  Nine participating songwriters were on the whiteboard including the organiser, Peter Campbell. 

I played "Breathe, Miss Sunshine" and "The Decision" (not yet released). I chose the second song based on the Country flavour of the event, as that song has an Australian Country Feel. 

I was surprised how nervous I was, playing my own tunes, but I got through the performance with minimal chords misplaced and notes flattened. I collected another facebook friend and there was some positive feedback. Overall it was a successful first outing. 

Most likely my next adventure will be the online Trimstone event in just over two weeks. I have been advised they would like four songs (if I pick the two short songs I played them), which sounds good to me. 

I have no plans to go further with live performances. There are a few open mic nights around Brisbane, so I will likely drop into a couple of those and see how it all goes. Thanks very much for all the support and encouragement. 

Remember new songs are coming out every week or two and are available on all standard streaming platforms. (Links for the main sites are on the top menu of the Nik Hamby blog).



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Open sessions ...

July wrap-up!

May be ...