Once More Unto The Breach


This is a song I wrote about a man, a Polish man, in the second World War. He was a committed fighter pilot in the 303 Squadron, the highest scoring unit in the Battle of Britain. His name was Josef Frantisek.

I wasn't going to do this song but when I was in the midst of researching, I went to a market in Brisbane and was just talking to people.  I was talking to a guy, a painter, and said I was doing some research about Poland.  He said he was researching Poland.  I said I was writing a song about the 303 Squadron - and he asked, Frantisek?  It was the most amazing moment. He was goose-bumped all over.  Me, too.

There is a detailed article about the Polish pilots who flew in the Battle of Britain, here.  There are a number of photos, including one of Josef Frantisek.

Comments

  1. What a very interesting tale Nick. This is what i always believe is a driving point, the story.. goose bumps and the tale has already affected one person.. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Songwriters Showcase ...

July wrap-up!

Open sessions ...