Tickets on myself?!

Back in May, I entered six songs into six categories of the 2021 Australian Songwriting Contest. I received a great email on Tuesday, confirming "bragging rights at Christmas lunch" - three of my songs have been shortlisted! How good is that?! 

The songs that made it through are:-  "Where We Will Meet Again" (Country), "The Last" (Folk) and "A Dog's Sadness" (Open).  All songs feature on The Magician album.  

I'll be keeping an eye on the ASA website for the late Jan/early Feb announcement of the official Top 30 - which is the next phase of the judging process.  

You can check the site too, if you're keen!  www.asai.org.au

(Last year two songs were shortlisted from three entries and one of those went on to Top 30 status).  

A good friend also had her song shortlisted in the country category, so that was extra happy news!  Chookas to entrants!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songwriters Showcase ...

July wrap-up!

Open sessions ...