Going places

Three months into the year already!  Lots of good stuff happening.  I had a quick trip down to NSW in January to meet my new grand-daughter.  My guitar would have needed a plane ticket, so I decided to save $500-600 and bought a cheapie from a Canberra pawn shop after landing, then sold it back a few days later!

My wife and I did a longer road-trip in February/March and I took my Gibson with me. Nice to play a few songs at the end of the day's driving and exploring.   

More live music after our big holiday trip. On Wednesday, 9 March I went out the Banshees Bar and Artspace and played a few songs. Had a great night and was playing my second guitar as the Gibson had a buzz (that I've since fixed). I played two new songs, The Mountain and No Place to Go - and three older songs:  Breathe, Miss Sunshine, Drifting on the Window Seat, and The Magician. Altogether it was a great night. My friend Steve took some photos too. I did a bit of video for him. Looking forward to more live stuff. 

If you follow my Nik Hamby page on Facebook you can catch a clip of "No Place to Go" (played at Peterborough when I was road-tripping).

On Tuesday, 15 March I went out to Newfarm Bowling Club and played a few songs with the Brisbane Unplugged Acoustic Folk Open Mic Night.  (There are photos of the night on their Facebook page).

I performed three songs to a crowed of over 70 seated focussed listeners. I played The Mountain, No Place to Go, and The Magician. There was quite a few positive comments from organisers and listeners.  I'm thinking I will do this one again. Runs every week so I'll probably go in a few weeks. 

I have also applied to perform there as part of the main show performing a 45min set. Waiting for a reply on that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songwriters Showcase ...

July wrap-up!

Open sessions ...