Musicland/Only 4 You

Such a big week! We went down to Melbourne for my daughter's final end of study celebration - and had an awesome day with her on Tuesday. 

I played a few songs at Musicland (Fawkner, Melbourne) on Wednesday night, as part of their Biggest Open Mic Night (BOM).  I Played Breathe, The Magician, and No Place to Go. There was some positive feedback and the night itself was a lot of fun. 

Lots of Wiggles songs were played cos they had a young guy there who was a big fan.  (It was his first ever live music event due to autism). 

That same Wednesday, I'd released my new single, Only 4 You. The song was a Songwriters Club song on the theme of a serenade but ended up being about a guy waiting for something far more. I've had some really good feedback on this one and love the way it travels and unfolds. Have a listen and see what you think.


I flew back into Brisbane on Thursday evening, worked on Friday and then then did an hour online concert with Giving Gigs in the UK at 9-10PM their time (which was 6am on Saturday, my time). I was only prepared for 30 minutes but was asked to extend to 60 minutes -  and I'm always keen to take opportunities. 

I played my new release Only 4 You in the gig and the song was well received. I'd only played about half way through the concert and got some applause, as you do online.  There was lots of great feedback and there have been about 400 views of the stream, in just over a day. 

I'm looking forward to my next release, Undercover Killer - a rock song with a dark character.  Look for it on 15 June.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songwriters Showcase ...

July wrap-up!

Open sessions ...