The Mountain

Hi all - hope you are all well and safe.  I started my fourth album release program last night.  The first single, "The Mountain", released into all the streaming platforms - at the stroke of midnight. 

I already have “Only for You” ready to go (on 25 May) and the third single is also loaded for launch on 15 June. 

This first single evolved from a piece of music recorded by Rick Lisk. I worked from that chord progression and created "The Mountain".  

There's a video on Facebook which gives a bit of background about the song's development.  (Link to FB at the top of the page.  Worth a look for the stuff that doesn't make it to here).

Rick hails from Canada so the song is set amongst snow-capped mountains.  The song follows the life of a single parent with two children.  There is a drinking problem and a feeling of time running faster and faster as the kids grow up. This song inspires me every time I play it. 

Enjoy “The Mountain” and have a great week. All the best. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songwriters Showcase ...

July wrap-up!

Open sessions ...