Out and about ...


February.  What a month, so far!  I started with the night at Kingston Butter Factory, then did another two open mic events at Banshees, which is closer to home.  There was opportunity to do a longer set on the first of those nights - and I sang nine of my songs, including a new one "You Draw Blood".  It's a great song and I had a very positive response to it, so that will be on my release radar very soon - and you'll be able to hear it, too!

I decided to enter the Vanda & Young Global Songwriting Competition this year, for the first time.  It's described as "... one of the world's most prestigious songwriting competitions" with a combined prize pool of AUD$70,000.  The judging panel is comprised of high-profile industry professionals and winners are expected to be announced around the end of June.  Fingers crossed!

Over the weekend, I attended an APRA AMCOS (music rights management organisation) seminar, at the QUT campus in Brisbane. There were speakers from the music industry, including APRA, booking agents, 4000 Studios, GYROstream, local radio reps, management teams and QMusic.  

I enjoyed the day, introduced myself to a few people and passed out my cards.  I spent some time talking about my live shows last year at Platform 5 as well as the stuff I've been doing online with Giving Gigs and in person at Banshees. People were very interested in my releases, which is always encouraging.  

Yep, lots happening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songwriters Showcase ...

July wrap-up!

Open sessions ...