July wrap-up!


July. What a great month. There’s been more photos, more videos, more comments and more live music!  The month kicked off with a couple of open mics around Brisbane. I decided to try and perform at these limited sets at least once a week. I ended up doing two sets a week - or nine shows through July. Lots of cheering, clapping and encouraging responses. 

I've developed a new perspective on performing. I'm sticking with the songs I really like and am familiar with.  (Even though I write the songs, some fade a bit over time).  The latest song "You Draw Blood" is a crowd favourite.  I just need to get the production finished and release it officially. 

My new business card has been a great addition. Folks at the shows are keen on the photo update and the QR code on the back, which links directly to this website/blog. 

I finally subscribed to 4ZZZ radio after doing a tour through the station and meeting a few of the staff and DJs. The whole place felt more like a community than a radio station. Best of all, they are committed to supporting local original artists. 

I’ve sent "The Magician” album through in an email and I’m listening to the station so I can identify which shows would suit my songs. When I was in the radio station organising my subscription, one of the guys there, Steve, had seen me perform at Platform 5 and said there’d be a few shows that would play my songs.

Logan Radio DJ, Stevie T, played a song of mine “How Much You Mean To Me” as part of his Local Songwriters spotlight segment. I've had two songs played on this show a few times. I sent him “The Magician” album also.

Another contract with Music for World Peace Records. This was a demo that producer, Taylor Sappe, picked up, orchestrated, arranged and produced. The song, “When our Children Die” was inspired by media coverage of the Ukraine conflict. I just wanted to write something - it's what I do.

I had an awesome birthday - thanks for all the great comments and responses!

What's next?  I’m checking out venues that suit my music and performance style.  I'm looking to play at the Triffid, in their Campfire sets.  I have a gig set for October at my local Banshees - and it’s a great target to aim a few things at. 

All the best and “let the music move you”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open sessions ...

Songwriters Showcase ...